Last Updated: 2022-12-01
For two hours, Y could not get the
expo.Constants.manifest key to work on
their machine. We tried everything. Ultimately this was due to me putting an
env.sample.js file in the repo that was incorrect while simultaneously having
.env.js file on my machine (thus making it impossible for me to
reproduce their errors).
I only realized the discrepancy when inspecting their
.env.js file during a pair
program debug session. Things would have went much faster if I immediately
.env file as the source of likely issues.
Suspect files that are in the
gitignore (e.g. env files) when something fails on a colleague's machine but not your own.