Last Updated: 2021-05-16
Some very rought and vague CSS tricks:
- If a button overflows outside its container, use
normal is a good starting point.) Then ensure that the CSS is allowed to
break large words
word-break: break-word;. I don't know why, but the
white-space: pre-wrap setting was also helpful.
- If you cannot center something with
margin: auto, change its display to
- If you want to divide the content into two areas using 50% width and then use
horizontal margins as well, it won't work because total over 100%. The trick is
to introduce passthrough elements such that the 50% can be preserved.
- Flex allows you to specify that somethings can only grow (and not shrink) and
- If you want list items to stack horizontally, use
- If you want to position absolutely (e.g. with
right:0) a parent div must
position: relative, otherwise the absolutely positioned element will be
outside flow. I.e. it is positioned relative to relatively positioned parent.
- Margin does not apply in table elements